Service lines are lines on the invoice that represent services on the invoice that come in addition to the actual goods that you purchase or sell. You can add service lines to a purchase order and to a sales order.
Service lines can be production, freight, labour, Customs duty, commission, discount, overhead, packaging or taxes etc. that the customer must be invoiced or that you have been invoiced by a supplier.
Create service lines
- To create a service line, go to your purchase order or sales order.
- Select the tab Service lines in the bottom of the order and click the button Create service line.
- Fill in the line text and select the category of the service.
- Select Calculation Method: Fixed price or Percentage and enter the amount/percentage.
- You can also add a tag. Read about tags.