A service provided by a business or institution to its customers free of charge or for a fee can be added to tracezilla as a Service line on a purchase order or sales order. However, if a service like freight always have the same cost it can be created as a Service in tracezilla.
The defined Service can then be added to an order by creating a service line and using the field Predefined service. This saves keystrokes and tracezilla will remember the price for the service.
The service will shown on documents just like the price for the purchased or sold goods.
How to create a service
To add a service, do the following:
- Navigate to Purchase or Sales in the top menu and click Services in the drop-down menu.
- Click + Add new in the upper right corner.
- Indicate a Name for the service.
- Give the service a Reference code e.g. ‘S01’.
- Enter a Line text. The text will be shown on documents.
- You can enter a number for EAN. This is optional.
- If the service is a production cost, you can choose the Category: Production from the list.
- Select the Calculation Method. This is the way the price of the service is calculated.
- Select the correct Currency from the list.
- Enter the Price.
- You can add a Tag to the service if you like. This is optional. You can read more about tags here.
- Click the button Save.
To add the Service to a purchase order or a sales order, you can read the instructions in the tutorial to add Service lines. Use the field Predefined Service and select the Service you just created.